Friday, October 30, 2009

Altering table on Sql 2008

When I started working on Sql 2008, whenever I modify table using Management studio, it was throwing an error "Saving changes is not permitted. The changes that you have made require the following tables to be dropped and re-created. You have either made changes to a table that can't be re-created or enabled the option Prevent saving changes that require the table to be re-created". I was little surprised since this is kind of basic functionality and what am I missing to modify the table.

After a while I found that there is a new setting added which needs to be disabled. Here is the steps to get this work

Go to Options

Go to Designers node deselect "Prevent saving changes that require table recreation"Once you save this setting, the modify table will work fine. Just thought it would help someone who is going to start using sql 2008 and dont have to run around this problem :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment